Articles on: Tracker Best Practices

Who can Serve Process in Michigan?

Process in civil actions may be served by any legally competent adult who is not a party or an officer of a corporate party. (B) Service Requiring Seizure of Property. A writ of restitution or process requiring the seizure or attachment of property may only be served by (1) a sheriff or deputy sheriff, or a bailiff or court officer appointed by the court for that purpose, (2) an officer of the Department of State Police in an action in which the state is a party, or (3) a police officer of an incorporated city or village in an action in which the city or village is a party.

Michigan Rules of Civil Procedure 2.103

Updated on: 24/03/2023

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!