Articles on: Tracker Best Practices

Who can Serve Process in North Carolina?

You may go to the Sheriff’s Office in the county in which the person lives and request personal service of the other party. There is a fee for this service. If the Sheriff is unable to serve the person and service is returned “unserved,” or if the person to be served lives outside of North Carolina, you may hire a process server. The process server must be authorized by law to serve, over 21 years of age, not a party to the action, and not related by blood or marriage to any of the parties.

North Carolina Rule 4 - Process - by whom

Updated on: 31/03/2023

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!